What should I do if my vehicle is stolen?

  • Call the Police immediately and obtain a crime reference number.
  • Immediately contact our Claims Helpline to report the matter.

Please note we may need any or all of the following items:

  • Current MOT Certificate.
  • Vehicle Registration Document (V5 or Log book).
  • Purchase receipt.
  • Service History.
  • Copy of your Driving Licence.
  • All the vehicle keys.

To speed up your claim, if you do not have any of the above to hand, you should send us the items in your possession and obtain duplicates of missing items without delay. Alternatively provide us with an explanation as to us why such items are unavailable.

If your vehicle is recovered at any stage, either before or after we have sent the settlement cheque to you, you should contact us immediately with the vehicle location. We can then provide you with guidance and move the vehicle to free storage.

You should be aware that if we have sent you a settlement cheque, the vehicle becomes the property of the Insurer.

Failure to notify us that the vehicle has been located or recovered, may also result in you becoming liable for any towing and storage charges.

0333 241 9200

We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.